Current page: > Move to Åland > Employment > Tax card

Tax card

This section is available in multiple languages:
Click here to go to the sub menu

Tax card

In order to work or receive unemployment benefits, you will need a tax card. This can be obtained from the Tax Office in the State Administration Building (Torggatan 16A, Mariehamn). You need to bring a valid ID (passport or ID card) and proof of previous income with you.

Tax number

In order to work in the construction sector, regardless of your profession, you will need a tax number. If you have a tax card, the number will be displayed on this.

If you have a tax-at-source card, which you will receive if you have temporary employment for less than six months, you will need to visit the tax office in person, as the tax-at-source card does not display your tax number.

For more information visit the
Tax Office (State Administration Building)
Torggatan 16A, Mariehamn
tel 020 612 001

The page was last updated on 28.06.2013 kl 19:32