Current page: > Move to Åland > Social security

Social security

This section is available in multiple languages:
Click here to go to the sub menu

Social insurance matters are dealt with by the Social Insurance Institution (FPA – Folkpensionsanstalten).

If you have moved to Åland and plan to stay for an extended period (longer than 90 days) you will need to apply for national health insurance. This means that you will have national health insurance membership in Finland and will be entitled to various benefits. If you meet the requirements for national health insurance membership, you will receive an FPA health insurance card, which serves as proof that you are covered by Finnish national health insurance.

You can find more information in English on the FPA website.
Visiting address:
Nygatan 7A, Mariehamn

The page was last updated on 28.06.2013 kl 19:29